About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
I'm an insurance professional with a desk job that has not helped me maintain a healthy lifestyle. I'm on a mission to put myself first and be the person I want to be.

Saturday, November 28, 2009

New look...same great taste

I've decided that a blog about food isn't really the best thing for someone trying to eat a little less of it.  After all, there is more to getting healthy than just eating healthy food right?  I can tell you one thing for sure, there was not an abundance of healthy food at my Thanksgiving table this week and it didn't help that we had 2 celebrations within 5 days of one another.  I guess I also realized I'm just not that much of a creative writer, so I'm going to stick with something I do well, talk about myself.  The most important thing for you to know is that I'm committed to this new healthy lifestyle and yes, I will fall of the wagon, but I will jump back on and dust the powdered sugar off.  The second most important thing for you to know is that I can't do this alone and I will be looking to you, my three followers,  to help me along the way.  Sound like plan everyone?

I woke up this morning and declared I was going to get back to eating like a normal person today...that didn't happen.  I made it through breakfast with a bowl of Cheerios and skim milk and have every intention of a little leftover turkey and a salad, but we ended up at a mexican place and it was all down hill from there.  I think I recovered nicely at dinner with some wheat crackers, hummus and an ounce of cheese, but that dang apple pie kept calling to me.  It would be nice if I could just trash all the leftovers, but my mom and hubby might be a wee bit ticked if I did that.  All I can say is tomorrow is another day. 

On the fitness front I did manage a 30 minute fast ride on the good old stationary bike.  I'm sure that helped burn a few hundred calories today.  I always feel so much better after a good sweat.  I've got to find a gym with fitness classes.  Take my advice ladies...DO NOT let your husband pick out the fitness center and DO NOT let him lock you into a one year prepaid membership without checking it out.  I'll save that story for a rainy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment