About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
I'm an insurance professional with a desk job that has not helped me maintain a healthy lifestyle. I'm on a mission to put myself first and be the person I want to be.

Monday, December 14, 2009

Oops I did it again.....

I gained 2.2 pounds this week and it was all over the weekend. Friday I was actually down 0.8 lbs, but I blew it this weekend. No one to blame but myself. Sometime on Friday I just said to myself, stop stressing about the holidays and enjoy them. I guess I still associate the holidays with eating and eating with enjoyment. Wrong thought process!

Friday we had wings for dinner and did some shopping, Saturday we left the house at 10am and went shopping for 6 hours. (Christmas and grocery shopping) We ended up at the hotdog shop for lunch and had cheese steak and homemade chips for dinner. I had to back 20 dozen cookies for work over the weekend and I think I ate about 2 dozen in the process. Yesterday I started the day off with a healthy Larabar and then had a turkey & ham sandwich for lunch which wasn't too bad. Mom made beef stew for dinner which was delicious, but at 8pm we had the bright idea to order a sausage pizza of which I ate 2 slices. I also ate candy all weekend long. What the heck was I thinking? It just goes to show you that once I stop putting pressure on myself I lose control. No offense to mom and Aaron, but I don't have anyone in my life standing over me reminding me of the damage I'm doing to my body. I have to do that to myself.

This week has to be different. I have to make time to exercise and I have to plan out my meals. Most of all...I need to stop associating happiness with food. I can do this; I just need to be vigilant. Here is the final update of my SMART Goals

Food log - 3 out of 7 (this is the worst I've done since I started logging my food)
1500 Calories per day - Not one day last week
35g of fat or less - 2 out of 7
4 days of exercise - I only exercised twice and neither were over 500 calories
Weigh In: 199 I GAINED 1% OF MY BODY WEIGHT

I hope this time next week I have much better news to report. This is what I have going on this week:

Monday - have to take car into dealership at 5:30
Tuesday - Department pot luck Christmas Lunch
Wednesday - Client proposal, department happy hour
Thursday - Bake Sale at work
Friday - Cookie Exchange at work

On Friday I will be bringing home 10 dozen assorted cookies. I am going to limit myself to 2 cookies a day with a glass of milk. The following week is Christmas which is going to be a struggle because we are going to West Virginia to visit family. It is going to be very difficult to eat anything healthy, but I'll do my best.


Happy Holidays

No comments:

Post a Comment