About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
I'm an insurance professional with a desk job that has not helped me maintain a healthy lifestyle. I'm on a mission to put myself first and be the person I want to be.

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Taking a Break.................

I'm not one to say that anything is impossible, but counting calories and avoiding holiday treats, well it's just about impossible.  I don't live alone, I have to work and I have obligations and entertaining to do.  Is it so wrong that after losing over 35 pounds I want to take a 2 week holiday from my anal retentive obsession with eating well and exercising?  If it is that's just too bad because I'm doing it.  I do not have the time or desire to log every calorie this week or next week.  I do not want to avoid all of the cookies and treats that I enjoy this time of year.  I'm an adult.  Obviously I'll accept whatever weight gain that comes with it, but I'm hopeful that I won't over-indulge and that once I get over this stupid cold I will be back to an exercise routine.  I know I have an addiction to cookies, I admit it.  I guess that's the first step right?  I admit I have a problem with those lovely, round, tasty treats.  Thank your higher power that this is a once a year problem for me!  So, I will weigh myself again on January 1, 2010 and will resume my journey to 165lbs.  2010 is going to be the year I get to that goal.   Happy Holidays everyone....all 3 of you that are probably going to read this.  FaLaLaLaLa.....LaLaLaLa

No comments:

Post a Comment