About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
I'm an insurance professional with a desk job that has not helped me maintain a healthy lifestyle. I'm on a mission to put myself first and be the person I want to be.

Monday, December 28, 2009

Why put off tomorrow what I can do today?

I’ve decided to start back on my journey a week early. I have thrown caution to the wind for far too long. I feel like crap. Seriously, my joints ache from too much salty food and the dark circles under my eyes have come back with a vengeance. Luckily I asked for tons of health and exercise related items for Christmas so that has gotten me super excited to get back to it. I even got back on the scale today. Imagine my shock to find I had only gained 2 pounds since my last weigh in. So I am starting my 2010 journey at 198.8.
STILL UNDER 200 LBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


What have I been up to since I last wrote you ask? Eating and drinking and making a total fool of myself…that’s what. I enjoyed myself a bit too much at a Steeler game and I think that might have something to do with my fitness hiatus as well as dealing with some personal grief issues. I’ve eaten more cookies in the past 3 weeks than probably in the past year…seriously! I only had one episode of intoxication, but trust me when I say I made it a good one. No explanation will be provided so don’t even ask.

My Christmas gifts included the new Nike + iPod sensor, an iPod to use with said sensor, a nice thin, but warm winter jacket to wear for my out of doors exercise adventures and the new & improved Jillian Michaels 2010 Fitness game for my Wii system.

I think tonight I am even going to work out again. So here is my list of things I need to do before 1/1:

- Find a new gym that has a walking track
- Order my fitness log for 2010
- Purchase Wii Fit Plus
- Purchase exercise ball
- Grocery shop for healthy food again and toss all holiday garbage!!!!!!

I’ve also joined another Biggest Loser challenge at work. We have a 3 person team and we weigh in every Monday starting January 4th. It runs 12 weeks and the team that has lost the largest percentage of weight gets 25% of the pot at the midway point and the remaining 75% goes to the team with the biggest loss on April 26th. This should be fun.

My ultimate fitness related goal for 2010 is to run the Pittsburgh Great Race. It’s a 10k run and anyone that wants to join me is welcome! Here is the web address for the event: http://www.rungreatrace.com/index.html

So here is to getting healthy or healthier in 201

No comments:

Post a Comment