About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
I'm an insurance professional with a desk job that has not helped me maintain a healthy lifestyle. I'm on a mission to put myself first and be the person I want to be.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

FitBloggin '10 The Countdown Begins


29 days until I leave for Baltimore. I’m excited on many levels. I get to meet some really great bloggers, I get to learn from some really great bloggers, I get to run my first 5k with a really great friend and I get to celebrate her 40th birthday! (well it’s a week before her birthday, but we still get to celebrate)

What is FitBloggin you ask? It’s a forum for those that blog about fitness, wellness, good food and a healthy lifestyle. A place to connect, learn, grow and network.

http://fitbloggin.com/

It’s going to be a jam packed weekend of networking, exercising and learning. It’s also a great weekend to use as some goal setting targets. The biggest goal is to run my first 5k without walking. That’s a huge goal for me.

The 2nd goal is to be 20 pounds from my goal weight which means I need to lose 9 lbs in the next 29 days. I know 9 pounds doesn’t seem like much in a month, but in that month I have a bridal shower to plan and attend away from my home, so it’s another weekend of eating out again with limited exercising opportunities.

The most exciting thing is happening to me. My scale is showing a loss each time I step on it. I’ve stuck to my eating plan this week and I’ve burned at least 900 more calories than eaten every day. It’s so rewarding to see that success once again. It’s quite a motivator to say the least.


Live healthy and be happy!

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to Fit Bloggin and the 5k too! We're going to learn soo much and meet a lot of like-minded people. It's going to be great!

    You've inspired me - I need to stop hibernating and get back on the wagon. I want to lose some lbs before Baltimore too.

    Baltimore or bust! lol

    ReplyDelete