About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
I'm an insurance professional with a desk job that has not helped me maintain a healthy lifestyle. I'm on a mission to put myself first and be the person I want to be.

Monday, February 22, 2010

Sweet Success

Yes, you read that right, I used sweet and success in the same title.  I completed my first week of renewed focus and lost 4 whole pounds this week.  Keep in mind that equates to a loss of 2 pounds in 2 weeks since I saw a gain the week before.  I realize 4 lbs in one week is unrealistic and unhealthy for me, so I plan on getting to a 2 lb loss each week.

I've just started week 2 of the Beck Diet Solution workbook as well as my new exercise routine.  Week 1 of the workbook focused on mind over matter and reinforcing your belief in yourself.  Week 2 is all about getting ready for the lifestyle changes and time management.  Most of these topics I have already mastered, but the book says not to skip anything and it never hurts to reinforce the good behaviors you have already established.

Here is my workout schedule for the week:

Mon/Wed & Sat:  Gym/Treadmill - run at least 2 miles without stopping
Tues/Thurs:  Wii FitPlus Routine & strength routine from Prevention

Something I did learn from week 1 of the Beck book was to write down your accomplishments as often as you can.  It's good to have a list of positives to look at.  Too often we just write down when we mess up, but where is the fun in that.  I completely understand how focusing on the positive is more motivating than the negative.

Here are some of my accomplishments from the past week:
1.  Registered for a 5k at FitBloggin
2.  Ran on the treadmill 2 times last week
3.  Completed my WiiFit routine & strength exercises twice
4.  Logged my food 5 out of 7 days
5.  Lost 4 pounds
6.  Wore a necklace for the first time in 3 years because it finally fit around my neck

I have 25 days until I run my first race, so I need to stay focused on the end goal here.  I have a very busy month ahead, but will not give up my time to get fit anymore!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Just found your blog. I'm on day 3 Beck book. It's amazing how much for I consume standing up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Robert. It is amazing how much we eat on the run or even without thinking. This book has been stopping everytime I eat to think about where I am and what I'm eating.

    ReplyDelete