About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
I'm an insurance professional with a desk job that has not helped me maintain a healthy lifestyle. I'm on a mission to put myself first and be the person I want to be.

Monday, February 1, 2010

TGIM!

I know it seems a bit odd to be greatful for a Monday, but I am so glad to put last week behind me.  I would say it was the worst week yet of my weight loss/health journey.  I had to travel to AL on Thursday and Friday last week and  I really dislike flying.  I'm not afraid to fly, I just don't care for the air sickness or the waiting around at the airport.  I don't stress out about travel eating anymore.  I make good choices on a regular basis and I don't give in to the fast food temptations anymore.  I guess what I'm saying is I don't view travel as an excuse to eat whatever I want.

However, I felt so bluck (yes...it's my word) after getting off the plane on Friday that I went home and crashed.  Saturday was a marathon shopping day and then just when I thought we were heading home and I could hit the gym my brother called and we ended up having dinner with him. No gym on Saturday.  : (

Sunday I was still feeling drained from the travel and I just laid around and read or watched TV.  I know...how lazy could I be.  So in short I only got to the gym one day last week.  The scale did not lie this morning.  I gained 0.2 lbs since last week.  UGH !  I suppose this could have been worse given that I was super stressed, traveling and tired most of the week.

Our weight loss coach told us to make a goal for ourselves for the next 4 weeks.  My goal is to lose 10 lbs in 4 weeks.  I will reach that goal and it is extra motivation to get to the gym.  NO EXCUSES!

Live Healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment