About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
I'm an insurance professional with a desk job that has not helped me maintain a healthy lifestyle. I'm on a mission to put myself first and be the person I want to be.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The heck with baby steps!

I headed to the gym last night after work bound and determine to run just a little bit longer than my last attempt.  Would you believe I made if 2.5 miles without stopping!!!!!!  That is double what I ran the last time.  I know, yesterday I was all baby steps and I still believe that when it comes to making lifestyle changes, but if you are in the mood to push yourself and not at risk for injury, then I say go for it.  I felt so proud of myself last night and for once didn't care that my t-shirt was soaked and that my hair was all wet and drooping in my face.  I just felt so good when my lovely little Nike+ ipod sensor told me that I was at 4k and I was still running.

I want to thank Holly and her recent blog entry about running her first 10k.  It was just the motivation I needed to push myself last night!

Weigh In was this morning and I had lost 1.8 lbs since the last weigh in.  It feels so great to see the rewards of my hard work and dedication to ME!

1 comment:

  1. GO girl! Keep up the great work. You're an inspiration to all of us!

    ReplyDelete