About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
I'm an insurance professional with a desk job that has not helped me maintain a healthy lifestyle. I'm on a mission to put myself first and be the person I want to be.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Help!

I don't have much to write today expect for that I'm stressed to the max.  I need your help in the form of tips to ease my anxiety (other than exercise) while I'm at work.  I exercise, so I've got that covered, but during the day I have this little panic attacks that creep up on me.  Would love to know what you do to stop the madness!

Oh, almost forgot.  Down another pound this week and tonight I ran a little longer on the treadmill. 

3 comments:

  1. Oooh, I totally have the same problems and just wrote about working on managing stress in my last post. So, unfortuntely I can't offer much good advice. I do love listening to music and writing to help relieve stress, but those are difficult things to do in some work environments.

    Congratulations on your loss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... How to reduce stress and anxiety while at work -- that's a good one! I suggest taking a few deep, relaxing breaths when that bad feeling creeps up on you. Visualize yourself in a place that you love, doing something you enjoy. For me that would be anywhere in the Caribbean with the warm sun and cool breeze washing over me while I read a book. See? Something like that. Hopefully that will help.

    Congrats on the weight loss. You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for the comments. I've decided to start an anxiety journal to track what is causing the panic attacks. I love the visualization technique as well. For me it is also on the beach reading a book, but I prefer the fall weather and the sound of crashing waves on the northern coast!

    ReplyDelete