About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
I'm an insurance professional with a desk job that has not helped me maintain a healthy lifestyle. I'm on a mission to put myself first and be the person I want to be.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Stressed is just Desserts spelled backwards!

I realize it's been a few days since my last post.  I promised myself I would be more consistant in this blog, but work has got me running in a million directions.  I can't even come up with a creative title for this entry.  We weighed in yesterday and I was down 1 pound.  I know that doesn't seem like much after watching The Biggest Loser, but I've always believed that one pound at a time will allow me to keep it off once I reach my goal.  I'm making small changes in my eating habits that I know will stick with me.  I'm actually starting to enjoy it too.  I still crave a nice big donut now and then, but I don't give in nearly as often.

So let's talk about stress.  I will be the first to admit that I put way too much pressure on myself to be 1) perfect; 2) perfect and 3) everything to everyone at all times. I always say yes and I hate to disappoint anyone.  Hmmmm I wonder why I became so overweight!

I should have gone to the gym again last night to work it out, but it was my night to cook dinner and I didn't want to face more negativity for shirking my dinner duty.  I made a healthy dinner and then just spent some quality time alone for 2 hours.  It did the trick and I slept well.

Today...back to work and back to the chaos.  I am hitting the gym tonight and someone else can cook dinner.  I realized in my two heavenly hours alone last night that everyone else isn't the problem, but I am the problem.  I need to learn how to say no and not to overcrowd my plate, both physically and mentally.  I see a direct connection between loading up my responsibilities at work and then loading up with food at home.  I need to find a balance.

I am taking a vacation day on Friday and I have to force myself to turn off the Blackberry and not check my voice mail.  Sometimes you need that clean break to recharge your batteries.

Tip of the week:  Check out http://www.fitday.com/
I love this site the most of all the online tracking sites.  It's simple to use and gives you so much information.  I even cancelled my Jillian Michaels.com subscription and I love JM!

Be healthy and happy!

1 comment:

  1. I heart fitday.com! No, its definitely not the prettiest site I've ever seen, but it gets the job done and for FREE! I have exactly the same pattern with taking on life and taking on weight. No fun... but we're fighters and we're going to keep fighting! Congratulations on your weight loss and for keeping tabs on yourself!

    ReplyDelete