About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
I'm an insurance professional with a desk job that has not helped me maintain a healthy lifestyle. I'm on a mission to put myself first and be the person I want to be.

Friday, January 8, 2010

TGIF - Yeah right!

I don't know about anyone else out there, but I dread the lack of structure that the weekends bring.  I know that Monday through Friday I have everything planned.  I pack my breakfast & lunch and I plan my dinners.  I come home and exercise.  The weekends present a big challenge for me.  There are always places to go, shopping to get done and too many family pressures.  I know the advice will be to carry a snack with me and make sure I have water with me at all times.  That works, but only to a point.  What do I do when it is lunch time and my mom insists that we stop and eat something and picks the least healthy place?  How do I control myself and my love of food?  I seriously start panicking about this time every Friday. 

Our new Biggest Loser challenge at work requires Monday morning weigh-ins, so I'm hoping that this excuse will hold the family at bay and stop their constant pressure to "live a little".  Everyone wanted to weigh-in on Friday, but I think Monday is just the motivation we need to stay on track over the weekend.  Don't you?

The weather has been horrible here in Pittsburgh and last night I was not able to drive to the gym.  I did not let that stop me though.  I broke out the new Jillian Michael's 2010 Fitness Ultimatum for the Wii and got to work.  There is a lot of going from the floor to standing which is a little annoying, but I burned about 250 calories in 20 minutes.  I then moved to the bike and burned another 140.  I didn't reach my 500 goal, but 400 isn't too bad.  I'm hoping I can get to the gym tonight because I need to move forward with my 5k training.

I am way behind on my reading, so this weekend I'm going to watch football and read all while sitting in front of a nice cozy fire.  Relax.....I'm also going to the gym! 

Be health and safe this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment