About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
I'm an insurance professional with a desk job that has not helped me maintain a healthy lifestyle. I'm on a mission to put myself first and be the person I want to be.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Look for The Helpers

This morning I received my monthly Fred Rogers quote.  I know you all remember and love Mr. Rogers, right!?  Here it is:

"When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.' To this day, especially in times of "disaster," I remember my mother's words, and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers -- so many caring people in this world." - Fred Rogers

This reminded me to look for the positive and good in things and people.  So often I get bogged down with all the negative aspects of what is going on in my life.  I'm sure this leads to a lot of the anxiety I have been feeling.  Don't misunderstand me, I'm in no way a person that says "well you could have done this better", nor am I an overly critical person.  Sometimes I just get overwhelmed and forget to see the upside of things.  We all do it.

When I lost my dad last year so many people showed us how much they cared and I will never be able to express how much this helped my family.  I want to make sure that the people I care about know that I am a helper to them no matter what the situation.

So today I ask that you stop and find the good in whatever happens today.  Try to take away one positive to help offset something negative.  Just because our lives can be crazy doesn't mean that we have to be!

Be happy and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment