About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
I'm an insurance professional with a desk job that has not helped me maintain a healthy lifestyle. I'm on a mission to put myself first and be the person I want to be.

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Motivation can be found just about anywhere

Today I am recovering for a day of wedding dress shopping.  My little sis is getting married in August and has asked me to be in the wedding.  Good grief!  I haven't had a dress on in the past 5 years.  I think the panic caused a little stress eating this week.  Yesterday was the big shopping day and I have to say it was not nearly as horrible as I thought.  My sister tried on about 6 gowns and looked beautiful.  She found her gown and I can't wait to see her walk down the aisle.

She picked out 4 for me to try on and I didn't look all that bad.  Of course they never have the dresses you want in your actual size, they are either too big or too small, but the dresses were very flattering and I think I might actually fit into a 14 by the time she gets married.  We all know that these dress sizes run big, so that's like a 12 in real sizes.  We narrowed the styles down to 2 and now we need to see what the other ladies think before we order.

I've always had nice legs, so if she picks the cocktail length I'm okay with that.  I also like the little sleeves on that one, but if we go with the longer gown with the halter top....I need to do some major focusing on my upper body, arms especially.  I will not expose my bat wings to the world. 

Yesterday was my mom's birthday so we had a big family dinner with cake.  Today....I've had my Special K, skim milk and fruit for breakfast.  My sis is going home today so my eating will be back to normal.  I'm just going to keep picturing myself all slim and healthy in that dress!

I hope everyone is enjoying this long weekend.  I'm off to the gym today to keep working toward that 5k.

No comments:

Post a Comment